The wordpress plug-in form is a simple contact form that can be installed on your WordPress-built website. The form connects to the Lead Inbox in your Lexicata account, so that anytime someone submits the form on your website the information is automatically added to Lexicata. From the lead inbox you will be able to intake the leads without having to enter any of the information that they have already been provided for you.
The form contains 5 fields that are all required:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- A message regarding the inquiry
Studies have proven that the longer the contact form, the less likely a lead is to input their information. Therefore the form is intentionally kept short so that your website visitors are most likely to leave their information for you.
How to Install
Installing the form is extremely simple. From your Wordpress admin panel, download the Lexicata plug-in from the plug-ins tab and activate it. You then need to navigate to the Integrations tab within your Settings and locate the Inbox Token. Copy/Paste that Inbox Token into into the Authorization Token field in your wordpress page in order to connect your form to your Lexicata account. Once installed and connected you can view the form settings and retrieve the shortcode that will be placed on your website to generate the form. This shortcode can be displayed on any page on your website or in a footer/sidebar to display on all pages.
For a more in-depth article on installing the plug-in click here.
The look and wording of the form can be completely customized. From the form configuration tab you can adjust the wording for each field for each field as well as choose to include a placeholder.
For further customization you can use the “Custom Styles” tab to include CSS that will change the look and feel of your form.
You can also have the form redirect to a new page when upon submission of the lead's information. To enable this, simply include the redirect URL in the “Thank You Redirect URL” field on the “Settings” tab.
There are 3 spam filters that can be used to reduce the amount of spam submissions you receive. Use any or all of the following to eliminate spam:
- "Honey Pot" - prevents the form from being submitted if it takes less than 5 seconds to fill it out. The Honey Pot is automatically active, so there's nothing you need to do there.
- ReCaptcha - prevents bots from submitting the form.
- Domain Blacklist - prevents submissions from any email address with a specified domain, e.g. "spammer.com" would block submissions by "email@example.com" and "firstname.lastname@example.org"
All the spam filters are controlled on the Lexicata plug-in’s settings page in your WP admin panel.
Once the form is submitted the lead will be automatically added to your Lexicata lead inbox. You will receive notification of this in two ways. The first is that a badge will display with the number of leads in your lead inbox.
The second is that you will receive an email notification that a lead has just been entered into the lead inbox. This email notification setting can be toggled on or off via the Account tab in your Lexicata Settings.
Once the lead is in the inbox there are 3 potential actions to take:
- Quick intake: This will create a matter and contact for the lead with the information they have provided through the plug-in.
- Add contact: This will create a contact for the lead in your account but will not create a matter for them. A matter can be created at a later time.
- Ignore: This will remove the lead from the inbox. You can view all of your ignored leads to either permanently delete them, or to restore them to your lead inbox.
Related How Tos