Sometimes, you may want to print a document without sending it out for E-signing. Common reasons include:
1) The contact does not have an email address
2) You want to send out the document for review without the possibility of E-signing
3) You simply want a physical copy of the document.
There are two ways to print a document provided the document template is a text editor template and not a PDF. The first may be the easier of the two. When preparing the document there is a "Preview PDF" button next to the "prepare for signing" button. You can click on this button and then be taken to a page that previews the document. From here you can download the document. If the contact does not have an email address, you will have to give the contact a dummy email address to use this method.
The second method involves changing the document at the template level. You can create a document template that has no signers and therefore does not need to be sent via email to be activated. This is best for informational documents that do not need to be signed, but can still be sent via email, or printed/downloaded after being prepared. Follow the steps below to create a non-signer template document.
1) Go to the Document Template Editor page.
2) You can duplicate the document in question to save time.
3) Click the Edit Template button on the relevant document
4) Click the "Edit Settings" next to the Document Settings text at the top of the template editor page
5) Change "Is this document signable?" to "No" and number of signers to 0
6) Save Settings
7) Since you are creating a non signable version of a document, you may want to remove any
8) Save Settings
Now when you prepare this document it will give you the option of adding it as an attachment to an email or downloading the PDF to your computer.