Follow up questions are a great way to ask additional questions that are only relevant if a certain answer is chosen. They help keep your forms shorter and easier for clients to fill out by hiding questions that may be irrelevant to them.
You can add follow up questions in response to an answer for a multiple choice or yes/no question. Follow up questions can be of type "Single Line Text," "Paragraph Text," or "File Attachment" depending on the type of response you expect from the client.
- Navigate to Forms > Form Builder
- Find an existing form you'd like to add follow up questions to, and then click "Edit" (or you can create a new form)
- With the editor open, find an existing multiple choice or yes/no question, or add a new one
- Click the "Add Follow Up" link next to the answer choice for which you'd like to have a follow up question
- Select the type of follow up question from the dropdown (single line text, paragraph text, or file attachment)
- Input the text for the follow up question in the input field
- Optionally, add additional follow up questions for that same answer, or for other answer choices
- Click "Save Question" when you're finished