You can user our HelloSign integration to request e-signatures on your documents to make things easier on your clients, and to collect signatures faster. Clients can sign from their computer or smartphone, without having to download or print anything.
You can add signature fields, text boxes, dates, checkboxes, or initials to any document, depending on what information you'd like your client to fill out and where they need to sign.
- On the left sidebar, click "Documents" and then "Prepare Document"
- Select the matter this document should be associated with
- Select the contact that you'd like to sign the document
- Choose "Prepare a template"
- Select the template you'd like to prepare for signing
- Click "Continue"
- In the text editor, make any desired changes to your document (these changes will not affect the original template, only the version you're sending to be signed)
- Click "Finalize for Signing" when you've finished making changes
- In the signature window that pops up, click to select the type of input field at the top of the window, and then click on the document where you'd like the client's input to go
- You can move the input fields around by drag and drop, or resize them as needed
- When you're finished adding input fields to the document, click "Continue"
- Next, an email template will be generated containing a unique URL for that signature request
- Make any desired changes to the email body or subject line
- Optionally, add a due date and automatic reminder (the reminder will only be sent if the document is not signed by the due date)
- Click "Send Document"
- You'll get an email notification when the documenet is signed by the contact
NOTE: you can also initiate this process from a matter page by clicking the "Actions" button and then "Prepare Document" from the dropdown