Lexicata now has document automation tools to make drafting engagement letters, fee agreements, and other common documents easier than ever!
Two Types of Templates
There are two different types of templates you can use for document automation in Lexicata:
1. Text Editor Templates - text editor templates are drafted and formatted within Lexicata's text editor. You can insert any of your fields for contacts and matters directly into the document body, and when the document is drafted, those fields will automatically be replaced with the corresponding data. They are perfect for client letters and other documents of that nature where the content varies slightly from one to the next.
2. PDF Templates - PDF templates start with a finalized PDF which you will upload from your computer. You cannot edit the PDF itself, but you can add in HelloSign fields on top it for people to fill out and sign. You can also merge data from your contacts and matters into the HelloSign text fields automatically. PDF templates are perfect for government filings and other standardized forms that need to be filled out and signed.
Drafting Documents Instantly
Once you build your templates, the drafting process takes only a matter of seconds. Here are the steps:
1. Click "Prepare Document" from the lefthand sidebar or the matter page, and select to "Use a Lexicata Template"
2. Choose the template you'd like to use to create the document from
3. Choose which matter the document will be associated with (this will be selected automatically if you draft from the matter page instead of the left sidebar)
4. Choose which contacts should be automated into the document (up to 10 people and/or 10 companies)
5. Select which contacts associated with the matter will need to sign the document
6. Choose a signing method - either "Send by email" if your signer is not currently present, or "Sign now" if you would like to open the document and sign it in the office right then and there
7. Click "Draft Document" and watch as your document is automatically generated and all the fields are replaced with the appropriate data!
For a more thorough explanation and demonstration of how to build templates, watch this video.