Quick Intake is a fast and easy way to get new contacts and matters added to your Lexicata Account. This article covers:
1.) Using Quick Intake, Step-by-step
2.) Full Video Tutorial
3.) Best Practices for using Quick Intake
Using Quick Intake, Step-by-Step:
- Click the "Arrow" button on the top navigation bar.
- Fill out contact information
- Contact Name, Email, Phone,
- Contact Type (The contact type will help you track of the contact during the retention process)
- Source (The source is where you can annotate where the lead came from - track the referral source)
- Fill out matter information
- Choose the matter type (i.e. what is this contact seeking legal help for?)
- If you need to create a new matter type you can click "New Matter Type" below the field to add another matter type.
- Choose matter status (i.e. where are you at in the process of retaining the client?)
To skip ahead and learn to upload contacts or add them individually, click here.
To skip ahead and learn to create matters individually, click here.
Heres a short video that explains how to use the 'Quick Intake' feature.
Best Practices for Using Quick Intake
- Build Quick Intake into your workflow. Every firm as a unique process for collecting lead information. It may look like:
- Receptionist collects lead information over the phone and adds to Quick Intake
- Lead information is collected via the website and added to Lexicata via the API
- A partner qualifies each prospective lead before adding to Lexicata
- An intake team member handles each prospective lead and uses Quick Intake while on the call
Whatever your process looks like, figure out where Quick Intake works best for your workflow. Defining your workflow and how you add client information will only support a more efficient and seamless process for your firm.
- Consider customizing the fields within Quick Intake before full implementation. You can add more practice and firm specific, contact types, contact sources, matter types, and matter statuses. (Check out Customizing your Account Settings) This isn't necessary to getting started but it will help for future reporting
- Try it out! Create a couple test Quick Intakes to get a feel for the process, familiarize yourself with the settings then make adjustments as needed.
- Make a decision, but be flexible. Choose what you think will work best for your workflow. Implement that process, and if you need to make changes here or there, do it. There is no one specific process that works for everyone across the board but you know your workflow and your people best. Try not to be in limbo. Choose your process and run with it. We'll always be here to help if you need extra support.
Have More Questions?
Skip ahead, Adding Contacts and Matters
Please let us know if you have any additional questions - Contact Live Support